Monday, November 24, 2008

Harry Just Blew Up




He had a very nice game. He had a big pass reception to get us down there on the goal line. He had a beautiful punt return. He’s one of these young guys that we drafted. this past draft class. He’s doing a heck of a job for us. He’s maturing, like a lot of our guys, beyond his years. That’s a tribute to Thomas (Dimitroff) and the personnel staff. They get players in here that can come and compete early.”
- Falcons Head Coach Mike Smith on Harry Douglas

One of my all-time favorite Cards, HDTV Harry Douglas had a monster game for the now 7-4 Falcons Sunday against the Panthers. The Real Ocho Cinco had 188 all-purpose yards including a 7 yard reverse and 61 yard punt return, both for touchdowns. Harry has the heart and ability to make it on the next level and he proved that today. He and Roddy White spoke with reporters after the game about his breakout performance.


HARRY DOUGLAS
Q: How do you feel, after playing such a big part of this win for the Falcons?

A: “I’m feeling good. I’m a little exhausted right now, but I’m feeling really good. I’m just happy to get the victory. After last week’s game, we wanted to get back on track. Throughout all of our practices and meetings, we were really focused on winning this game. I really want to commend my teammates for all their hard work and dedication. I love being around these guys."

Q: In past games, some of the throws were sporadic and it seemed as if you didn’t get the ball as much. What were your thoughts on Matt’s trust in you to make plays throughout this game?

A: “You just have to stay humble and no matter what, you have to run your routes full speed. You can never give up. If you don’t get the ball, you have to expect to get it on the next play. You can never say you’re not going to get the ball. Matt’s a great quarter back and he’s going to distribute the ball. He placed me in a good position to make some plays and I didn’t want to disappoint him or my team.”

Q: What were your thoughts on the punt return for a touchdown?

A: “When I caught it, I was going half speed to the left, but I knew what I was doing. The guys up front did a great job of giving me a block to follow. So, I made a quick cut back, and the middle was wide open.”

Q: What are you thoughts on scoring your first touchdowns in the NFL?

A: “It felt really good, especially in a game of this magnitude. Carolina was 8-2, and it was a home game against a division rival. It doesn’t get much bigger than that. It felt really good to get my first two touchdowns in this game."


RODDY WHITE
Q: What were your thoughts on the game and on Harry Douglas’ performance?

A: “We really wanted to get on the board early against these guys. We wanted to put them behind the eight-ball. Overall, we came out and did a great job today. Harry came out there, and gave us a great spark. His returns gave us great field position throughout the game and overall, he really helped the offense.”

Q: Did the first game against Carolina affect Harry’s performance in the second game?

A: “In the first game, I told him not to worry. We all drop balls. I drop balls almost every game. I told him, once you drop a ball, you have to put it behind you and get back into the mix. You’re always going to be out there and Matt will always put you into a position to make plays. Harry is a play maker.”

No comments:

Post a Comment