Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dalton Cissell to Walk On

From Jody Demling:

Dalton Cissell, one of the most prolific running backs in state
history, has turned down a scholarship offer at the Naval Academy and will
walk-on at the University of Louisville.The North Bullitt High School standout
said he "has always wanted to play for Louisville" and told assistant coach Greg
Nord of his intentions to walk-on Tuesday night."If it takes me going there for
a year, paying my way and earning a scholarship then that's what I am going to
do," Cissell said. "It's where I've wanted to play all my life."The 5-foot-10,
195-pound Cissell rushed for more than 6,500 yards during his career at North
Bullitt. He ranks among the state's top 10 rushers all-time in yardage.Cissell
said he had a number of schools contact him, but his only offer was from Navy.
He would have had to go to a prep school for one season before entering
Navy."It's far away and I would have had to have a year of prep school," he
said. "And they wanted me to play fullback. Louisville said I can come in and
play any position to try and prove I can play. And it's a 10-minute drive from
my house."

No comments:

Post a Comment