Monday, March 23, 2009

From the Dept. of Busted Brackets

(click to enlarge at your own risk)

Really, 11 out of 16 isn't bad at all. And I'm still alive in my 20-person pool. But there's a lot of red on that thing, especially in the Midwest bracket.

West Virginia really hurt me. So did Washington, which I had in the Elite Eight. A Missouri upset over Memphis would definitely jump-start my momentum.

I'm aware I had 6 teams from the Big East in the Sweet 16. I was sober and attentive when I did, and I did that for two reasons. First, it's the greatest conference in history of college basketball. Second, the guy who runs the thing is a big kay-uts fan and that kind of stuff irks him. (Last year I had an all Big East Final Four and he called me something not fit for publication.)

Anyway, my point is that having 6 teams from the BE in the Sweet 16 doesn't seem all that ridiculous now does it? As you're aware, we landed five. Can there be any more doubt about which conference is the game's toughest?

And I'd be lying if I said I didn't like every one of the five to advance. But I've been called bias in the past.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for an Arizona break-down and more on the Madness that is March.

No comments:

Post a Comment