Thursday, March 19, 2009

How's Your Bracket So Far?


I'm 2 for 3. I'll take it. Missed on the BYU/Texas A&M game. The Aggies came out on top 79-66. (If you're remotely interested, you can click the bracket to enlarge and peep my picks.)
Once again, my life-long dream of one year - just one year - filling out a perfect bracket has hit the fan even before the second string of games tip-off. So sad.

As expected, Memphis beat CS Northridge, but the Matadors made it interesting, being down only three at the half and giving the No. 2-seeded Tigers a scare. And I had LSU over Butler. They say 2 outta 3 ain't bad. I think that's an old Meatloaf song. (OK, OK, I know it's an old Meatloaf song. But so did you.)


As far as the second round of games go, UNC seems to be handling Radford with ease despite being without PG Ty Lawson. Purdue is all over Northern Iowa at the half, and Maryland and Cal are in a battle. (Note that it's still early in all these games.)


UConn is in control vs. Chattanooga. The storyline there is that Coach Jim Calhoun is absent as he was taken to the hospital after becoming ill. The L Yes! Report wishes the coach a speedy recovery.


The Madness continues tonight. I'm most interested in watching the WKU Hilltoppers take on Illinios in a 12 vs. 5 match-up out of the South Regional. A lot of folks have Western upsetting the Illlini. I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment