Sunday, April 19, 2009

What is going on up here?

It has been a busy day full of rumors and allegations as well as he said she said crap floating all over town like a turd in the toilet. In case your in a coma, you have heard the news of Rick Pitino and the FBI being involved in an extortion case.

Yes her name is now being leaked all over the media and even one of this websites contributor's has posted a photo of her. I will keep referring to the woman as "her" instead of an actual name due to the fact this isn't just an average story. This has the attention of the FBI and I am the last person who needs to bring attention to myself from any form of the law.

This statement was released by Pitino last night regarding the situation....

"My family and I were recently threatened as part of a criminal scheme to extort money," Pitino said in a statement. "Upon receiving these threats, we reported this extortion attempt to the FBI. While I did not want to make this matter public, I recently learned that the individual behind this extortion attempt has already gone to the media with false, defamatory and outrageous allegations in an attempt to pressure me to cave in to this scheme.

"I want to make it clear that I intend to vigorously defend my reputation and the character of my family against any criminal scheme to extort money. I am hopeful that the media and public will recognize the slanderous nature of this direct and malicious attack."

This is a very messy story and I can guarantee you even after it is resolved in the media, know one is really going to know the truth. This morning the husband of the woman, Tim Sypher released this statement...

"I am devastated by the bizarre allegations that my estranged wife is making against both Coach Pitino and myself. At this point, my primary concern is for my young daughter and four stepsons, both to the impact of their mother's actions on them, as well as the impact on Coach's family and the University. I love my children, and want to protect them. At the same time, I intend to defend the allegations vigorously and will have no additional comment at this time. "

This isn't something that is going to go away quickly. This is going to be drawn out and talked about on the message boards for hours and hours over the next few months or more. I don't read message boards. I am smarter then that. Every media outlet is keeping the info of this story close to their vest and sorry everyone but I am doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment