Monday, August 18, 2008

Louisville Gets Huge Transfer

Former Lexington Catholic standout Justin Burke has decided to leave NC State and transfer to Louisville. Burke is an outstanding student and will allegedly graduate in 2-3 years. One recruiting analyst said he was "one of the top five smartest kids I have ever covered". Burke will be eligible next year and compete with Tyler Wolfe, Matt Simms and maybe Zach Stout for the starting job. My bet is that he is the starter from the get-go under Kragthorpe and will stay the starter for the next 3 years. No matter who the Cats get (Mossakowski, Newton, ect.) we will be right there to one up. Burke is a proven leader should be a prototypical Louisville QB.
Burke sat out his freshman year and played well in the NC State Spring Game, completing 17 passes for 191 yards and 2 TDs. The 6-3 220 Burke was named Gatorade Player of the Year in 06 after throwing an insane 62 TDs his senior year, a state record.

Demling Blog

Statement From NC St. Head Coach Tom O'Brien....

"[Justin's] a great kid and he's done a great job for our program," said O'Brien. "He's decided to transfer to the University of Louisville. He's a great kid for our program and a great player... I think it's for his best interests to move on and we're happy for him. He gets a new start somewhere else."

Statement From Justin Burke....

"With the situation here, I felt I needed to do something that was important to me," Burke said in a released statement. "I had a great experience at NC State and it was a special place for me over the last two and a half years. The entire coaching staff and the support staff have been great to me. I want to thank them and my teammates for being there for me. I wish them all the best."


photo from ncstate scout.com
quotes from WRAL website

No comments:

Post a Comment