Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dougherty Back on Team; Suspended 2 Games


This might be a retraction, but I think at the time I posted that K Tim Dougherty had received the boot from Coach K, he was actually kicked off the team for conduct detrimental to the team. This was Friday night. Later in the weekend, Dougherty had a meeting with Coach Kragthorpe in which he was allowed back on the team after he serves a 2 game suspension. It is all speculation as to what he actually did (the rumors are flying around) but I have been told it doesn't involve drugs or alcohol. The final verdict finally came out at Kragthorpe's Monday news conference. Coach said once he is reinstated, he will be able to vie for the starting job in an "open competition".

Good to see him back on the team and hopefully he learns from whatever mistake he made. For once, I'm glad the information I was given was premature and Krag showed some leniency. Maybe he thought he was kicked off and was wrong. Maybe he talked himself back on. Maybe I'm totally wrong. All I know is that he will miss the Memphis and MTSU games and return for the ever important So. Florida game on October 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment