Thursday, September 4, 2008

Caracter to Southern Miss Now??

Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog is reporting that Derrick Caracter is now going to Southern Miss. For some reason I still see him coming back to Louisville, but I have been wrong before. It just seems like there are too many different rumors going on for me to take any published story completely serious. A couple weeks back a different blog said he was a lead-pipe lock to go to Oklahoma City and that turned up to be bogus. I think this might be the end however, as Zag's source in the story seems very reliable. I wish Caracter would just wise up and realize Pitino is molding him into something that he won't be able to become somewhere else. At Louisville, there would still be the possibility of playing this year and getting national exposure for a possible NBA Draft selection. After thinking Pitino was too hard on him, now I think DC is taking advantage of someone who has given him chance after chance. It is reported that he has been given his release from Louisville and has sent a letter to Southern Miss.
I still have this faint thought that he will be back. However, you can't ignore stories like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment