Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dethroned


Don't call it an upset.

The Cards knocked off #1 Pittsburgh tonight, 69-63, in front of a sold-out, jammin' Freedom Hall. T Will was at it again, with 20 points, 7 boards, and 4 assists. E5, after spending most of the first half asleep, lit up the final 20 minutes and finished with 16 and 11. It was his 21st birthday.

Samardo and Preston added 10 apiece.

It was the third time since 2003 U of L has beaten the number 1 ranked team in the country. But you folks that joined us from Kentucky Sports Radio probably already knew that.

At 4-0, Louisville is now one of only two teams in the Big East with zero conference losses. We go to Rutgers Wednesday.

More on this HUGE, thrilling win later.

1 comment:

  1. Props on ANOTHER big win for the Cards. I hate being that guy (no I don’t) but I am going to say what no one from the L’ Yes Report will say; the Cards won the game but Pitt has a better team. Who do you think will win the game if the Cards and Panthers meet again in the Big East tourney? Even KSR readers know what happened to Louisville at last years Big East Tournament. Then again “if I was a betting man I would say maybe.”

    Nice website Rob. TC don’t worry about my comments, I am just one of those biased KSR readers.

    ReplyDelete