Monday, January 5, 2009

Public Apology: Edgar Sosa


Dear Edgar,

I am speaking for myself and the rest of the L Yes! crew when I say - I'm sorry. That game winning shot against the Cats was one of the best moments in the series' illustrious history and it made me regret saying stuff about you that I now will forever regret. Now don't get carried away, but this could finally be the turn we have been waiting for. Congrats on recently becoming a father and may this just be the tip of the iceberg for you this season.

Warmest Regards,
Rob Jones

Ahhh, now I feel better. Mi gusta Edgar Sosa. Definite game MVP with 18 points, including 8 free throws and only 2 TO's in 26 minutes. What is even better is how he was the brunt of most jokes UK fans tried to bring prior to the game. How's Sosa going to blow it? Who's your point guard? Are you going to hit shots? All those questions were answered rather convincingly Sunday. A man that played only 6 minutes against UAB just rescued the Cards from an embarrassing meltdown defeat. And I can speak for most fans in saying that was one of the greatest "No, No, NO.....YES!!!" shots of all time. Reminded me of the Reece Gaines shot against Dwayne Wade and Marquette and was from almost the same spot as the shot Sosa missed against Billy Clyde's A&M squad his freshman year at Rupp.

I know I'm still going to get frustrated with Sosa many more times before it's all said and done. It's good to know that he atones for his mistakes with incredible shots like the one Sunday. As long as it doesn't go to his head...

No comments:

Post a Comment